||Loans are sanctioned for rearing of fishes in all its aspects i.e. such as construction/ deepening/widening desilting of ponds, purchase of fingerlings, equipments, manures, feeds and labour inputs.
- The applicant should be experienced / professional fisherman/ trained entrepreneur.
- The applicant should own/take on lease land/water tanks/ swamps brackish water areas.
- Technical guidance from Fisheries Dept. should be available.
- Fingerlings should be easily available.
- The area should be well served by rail/road to facilitate quick transport of fish catches to processing/marketing centres.
- There should be adequate cold storage/processing/freezing/ canning facilities. Refrigerated and insulated.
||Up to ₹ 1.60 lakhs - NIL, Above ₹ 1.60 lakhs – 15-25%
- Up to ₹ 1.60 lakhs – Hypothecation of assets created out of bank loan.
- Above ₹ 1.60 lakhs – Hypothecation of assets plus mortgage of land.
- Loan for purchase of fingerlings, manuring of ponds etc. shall be repaid as follows :
- Culturing of shrimps: Loan is to be repaid in one year with 2 or 3 equal instalments and first of such instalments shall fall due after 4 months from the date of stocking.
- Culturing of fishes: Loan is to be repaid within one year in one lumpsum or after harvest of fishes whichever is earlier.
- Loans granted for repairing / desilting of tanks are to be repaid in 5- 8 years in case of pond fish culture and 5-10 years for brackish water fish / prawn culture in half yearly installments with an initial repayment holiday of 11 months. The due dates of installment should always coincide with the period of harvest of shrimps / fishes.