Q1. What is FASTag?
FASTag is a RFID (Radio Frequency Identification Technology) enabled device that can be used to make electronic payments at tolls. It is affixed on the windscreen of the vehicle and enables you to pass through the toll plazas without stopping for cash transactions. Once, the tag is scanned, a prepaid account linked to the tag is automatically debited for the corresponding amount. The linked account can be topped up/recharged as required.
Q2. What are the benefits of using FASTag?
- FASTag is read by the tag reader at the plaza and the toll amount is deducted automatically, when the vehicle approaches the toll plaza.
- top-up of FASTag wallet account through Credit/Debit Card and Net Banking.
- 24X7 customer support.
- Tag validity is for 3 years.
- KYC customers can recharge to a maximum of Rs.1,00,000/- .
- Customer portal to track the transactions.
SMS alerts on the transactions.
The transaction history can be viewed electronically and used as required.
Q3. Where all can you use FASTag?
FASTag is presently operational at 400+ toll plazas across national highways. More toll plazas will be brought under the FASTag program in the future. You may see the list of plazas in the Active Toll Plazas Section of the NETC vendor portal.
Q4. How can I buy FASTag?
FASTag can be purchased at all designated Canara Bank Branches after submitting the documents required and making the necessary payments.
Q5. What are the documents needed to apply for FASTag?
You will need to carry original as well as copy of your KYC document
You need to submit the following documents along with the application for FASTag:
- Copy of Tax PAN(mandatory)
- Mobile Number (mandatory)
- Copy of the Registration certificate (RC) of the vehicle(mandatory)
- Colour photograph of the vehicle for which FASTag is applied (mandatory)
- Aadhaar Card (optional)
- GSTN in case of Business accounts (Optional)
All required documents for FASTag should be in the name of the owner of the vehicle.
Q6. What if, the tag is not read at the toll plaza?
The below given are the scenarios and their possible solutions:
In case the tag reader of the plaza is not working, the customer may pay the toll in cash and can pass through the toll plaza.
In case, the tag is not pasted correctly on the vehicle or not readable by the reader at the toll plaza, wherein the other vehicle tags are easily being read by the toll plaza:
- The customer may request the toll plaza owner to use the hand handled device to read the tag and can pass through the toll plaza.
- The customer may pay the toll in cash and can pass through.
- After that, the customer may approach the Branch/may call the Customer care and the FASTag will be replaced free of cost if the FASTag is non-functional/damaged on account of the reasons attributable to our Bank.
Q7. What if the RFID Tag balance goes below the minimum required balance in the tag?
The Tag will not work as it will be included in the ‘Low balance’ exception list.SMS will be sent to the Tagholder.
The customer can approach either any Canara bank Branch or use online services through ‘NETC Customer portal’, provided by the Bank to top up the FASTag wallet
Q8. What is the process flow, in case of dispute at the toll plaza?
In case the plaza is not working, the customer will call customer care, Customer care representative will advise the customer to pay the toll in cash and will escalate the matter with NPCI for the particular toll plaza. In case the customer tag is faulty or not being read at the plaza, the customer may call up the help desk, help desk will advise the customer to pay the toll in cash, and resolve the issue by replacing the Tag through the Branch from where the Tag was purchased. In case the tag was not valid or correctly personalized, then Canara FASTag shall be replaced at no additional cost to the tag holder as per NPCI guidelines.
Q9. Will I be getting rewards points on topping up of CANARA FASTag through CANARA Debit Cards?
Yes, as per the existing eligibility of the customer.
Q10. How to surrender the Tag?
The Tag holder shall give a written request for cancellation/surrender/closure of the Tag along with the Existing Tag. In case, the existing tag is damaged, the customer shall surrender the damaged tag. New tag will be issued to the customer after charging fees of the new Tag. In case of the death of the customer, Legal heirs of the customer may claim the refund of the Tag amount after producing death certificate and other relevant documents.
Q11.What is the customer care number of the CANARA FASTag system
1800 103 3568
Q12. What if my CANARA FASTag is debited twice at the toll plaza?
The customer should contact the customer care; customer care will raise the query to the NPCI system and will resolve the matter.
Q13. Can CANARA FASTag be used outside India?
Q14. Can somebody scan the CANARA FASTag from outside and do away with my money?
Q15. What are the charges for taking a new FASTag?
Charges applicable on Canara FASTag:
|| Amount (Rs.)
|Tag Issuance Fee
||Rs100 inclusive of applicable taxes
|Tag Replacement Charge
||Rs 100 inclusive of applicable taxes
- Goods and Service tax (GST) will be levied on all the prescribed fees & charges at the applicable rates.
- Convenience fee will be applicable for online recharge
- Charges mentioned above are subject to change. Please visit www.canarabank.com for the latest charges.
Q16.Why do I need to pay Security Deposit?
Security Deposit is a one-time deposit stored in the Tag Wallet permitted by NPCI to cover the risk to the Tag issuer and refundable at the time cancellation of FASTag.