Call us Today!
Toll Free Numbers
Financial Inclusion is the provision of banking services at an affordable cost, to the disadvantaged sections of the society, who are hitherto excluded and deprived of the Financial Services, to enable them to improve their standard of living.
The financial exclusion signifies the lack of access by certain segments of the society to appropriate low cost, fair and safe financial products and services by the main stream service providers. The financial Service Include Micro Savings, Micro Credit, remittance facility, Insurance, Pension Payment and Transactions.
With the basic objective of bringing the large unserved population under the banking mainstream, the banks are striving towards a more inclusive growth by making financial products and services available to financially excluded and marginalized sections of society in particular. As per the Government of India and the Reserve Bank of India directions, the bank has been actively pursuing the agenda of Financial Inclusion (FI), with key interventions in four groups, viz., expanding banking infrastructure, offering appropriate financial products, making extensive & intensive use of technology and through advocacy of financial literacy.
Financial Inclusion Plan (FIP) in the Bank
The Reserve Bank of India implemented a Financial Inclusion Plan (FIP) from 2010-2016. The first phase of FI implementation spread over a period of three years from 2010-2013 & second phase for a period of three years from 2013-2016. At present, 17002 villages (10049 villages in Canara Bank & 6953 villages in e-Syndicate Bank) have been allotted to our Bank comprising of 7182 (3962 – Canara Bank & 3220 – e Syndicate Bank) Sub Service Areas (SSAs).
The allotted villages are provided Banking service either through Brick and Mortar Branches or through BC model.
Bank has covered all allotted 17002 villages comprising of 7182 allotted SSAs by opening of 1123 brick & mortar branches (of which 797 FI branches in >2000 population and 326 FI branches in <2000 population villages) and by engaging 5420 BC agents who have been provided with handheld devices capable of handling interoperable AEPS and RuPay card transactions, at remaining SSAs.
PRADHAN MANTRI JANDHAN YOJANA (PMJDY)
PMJDY is the initiative from Govt of India for comprehensive financial inclusion of the population of India particularly aiming covering the households hitherto excluded from the purview of banking and empowering them with benefits and facilities provided by the banking industry.
Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri. NarendraModi on 15th August, 2014 announced “PradhanMantri Jan-DhanYojana (PMJDY)” which is a National Mission for Financial Inclusion. This National Mission on Financial Inclusion has an ambitious objective of covering all households in the country with banking facilities and having a bank account for each household.
The scheme was launched by the Prime Minister on 28.08.2014 on pan India basis. PMJDY under Mission mode envisages provision of affordable services to all citizens within a reasonable distance. PMJDY comprises of six pillars as follows.
1. AADHAAR Enrolments Updation Centres:
· Bank is a Registrar and Enrolment Agency for Aadhaar Enrollment and Updation. As per UIDAI guidelines, our Bank has to establish 1267 AadhaarSevaKendras(ASKs) in 10% of the bank branch premises, comprising of 972 centres for Canara bank and 295 centres for our 4 sponsored RRBs (KAGB 116 ,KGB 62, APGB 55 & KVGB 62). Accordingly, we have established 974 Aadhaar Enrolments Updation Centres as on 01.04.2022.
Aadhaar Enrolment /Update Form: Please click here for specimen form.
list of 972 ASKs established in Canara Bank branches: Please click here for list.
1. AADHAAR seeding/ linking and Aadhaar authentication:
Account holders can link their accounts with Aadhaar by giving explicit consent through 3 different methods:
· Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar Online
· Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar Offline
· Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar through ATM
Linking Account with Aadhaar Online:
Account holders who registered with the bank for internet banking facility and performing transaction can link Aadhaar number to their bank accounts online as well. The procedure for linking Aadhaar online in Canara Bank account is as below;
· Login to your Canara Bank internet banking account
· Click on the “Services” section
· Select the “Others” option
· Click on “Update Aadhaar Number”
· Now enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
· Select the Aadhaar primary Account
· Click on “Update”
· Your Aadhaar will be linked with your bank account
Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar Offline:
There are a number of customers who are not adept in using the online service or using the ATMs. Bank has made provisions for them to link their bank account with Aadhaar by visiting the branch where their account is being operated. This method is useful especially for senior citizens and specially-abled persons. Procedure for linking Aadhaar with Canara Bank account offline is as below;
· Visit the branch of Canara Bank
· Carry a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card
· Fill the Aadhaar Seeding form available in the branch
· Attach the self-attested copy of your Aadhaar with the form
· Now hand this over to the Canara Bank executive
· The executive asks for your original Aadhaar for verification
· Provide your original Aadhaar to the executive
· The executive hands over the receipt along with your original Aadhaar
· The acknowledgement number in the receipt can be used to check the status of Aadhaar linking
· Your Aadhaar will be linked with your bank account within two working days
Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar through ATM:
Customers can link their bank accounts through ATMs as well. They have to visit the nearest Canara Bank ATM and below mentioned steps are to be followed to link their account;
· Swipe your ATM card at the Canara Bank ATM
· Select your preferred language
· Now Enter your PIN
· Now select the “Main Menu” option
· Click on “Other Services”
· Select the “More” option
· Click on “Aadhaar Number Registration” option
· Select the “Correct” option
· Now enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
· Click on Correct
· Now re-enter your Aadhaar number
· Click on Correct option
· Select your Account Type (Savings or Current)
· You will get a message that your Aadhaar Registration is successful and is now linked with your bank account.
Aadhaar authentication is a process designed to verify the Aadhaar number and the information associated with it such as customer’s demographic and biometric details of the customers. To avail the Aadhaar authentication facility, customers may visit the nearest branch of Canara Bank.
What are the Modes of Aadhaar Authentication?
The authentication may be carried out through the following modes:
1. Demographic Authentication – Details such as your name, address, gender, and date of birth are categorized as the demographic information. In demographic authentication, the demographic information linked with the Aadhaar number is matched with the information/documents submitted to the Bank.
2. OTP Based Authentication – OTP (One-time Pin/Password) is a password or pin number that is valid for a short period. It can be used only once for a login session or transaction over the internet. In OTP-based authentication, the OTP will be triggered by the branch user to the registered mobile number with the Aadhaar number of the customer and the customer will share the OTP received and will be authenticated by the Branch user.
3. e-KYC (Biometric) Authentication – In this, an individual is uniquely identified by evaluating one or more of his distinguishing biological traits. These distinguishing biological traits can be their fingerprints or iris patterns. For Aadhaar authentication, we use the fingerprints of an individual to authenticate their identities. In this mode of authentication, the finger print image of the customer is captured and matched with biometric information available with his / her Aadhaar number.
For any information please contact 9449862188
· RBI has permitted Banks to engage services of intermediaries in providing banking services through the use of Business Correspondents (BCs) thereby enabling banks to extend financial services to the unreached clients beyond their Branch network, as beneficiaries of BC are mostly located at unbanked and under banked areas.
· The BC model/option potentially enables banks to reach out much faster and at a much lower cost at customer’s door steps, thus addressing the problems of last mile reach.
· Under the above back drop, Government of India had allotted 17002 villages to Canara Bank comprising of 7182 Sub-Service Areas (SSAs). Bank has opened 903 FI Branches and deployed 5420 BC Agents to cover all the allotted SSAs (as at 31.05.2021).
· Bank has been launched new Hybrid Kiosk Model BC services in lieu of the existing Mobile BC model. Under the new Hybrid model, the BC Agents (Sub agents) will work for 4 hours in fixed locations (Bank Business Outlets) and thereafter they will be going around villages/ area allotted to them for servicing the old aged people and Senior Citizens at their door steps in their allotted areas.
· Presently our Bank is having 5 BCs (CBCs) and BCs details as below:
Business Correspondents Name
M/S AISECT LTD
M/S Fino Payment Bank LTD
M/S Gram Tarang Inclusive Development Services P LTD
M/S Sanjivani Vikas Foundation Bihar
M/S Vision India Software Exports P LTD
· The BC agents (Sub agents deployed by BCs) will provide all financial and nonfinancial services such as opening of accounts, AEPS transactions, cash receipts, cash payments, RuPay Card transactions, Funds Transfer etc. These services will be extended not only to bank’s own customers, but to other bank customers also.
· BCAs (Sub agents deployed by BCs) will also source loan applications, canvass small value deposits, sourcing of social security schemes and recovery of small value loans etc.
Bank has formed Startup Cells at 24 Centres.Please contact the Startup Cell for availing loan under Startup. Documents required for availing startup loan is documents as required for MSME loan and the entity should be registered as Startup by DPIIT.
Canara Bank Startup Cell Nodal Officers Contact Details
Toll Free Numbers
Non Toll Free Numbers
(if calling from outside India)